Preventive Dentistry In Kew Gardens, NY
Preventive Dentistry offered by Kew Gardens Dental P.C is a modern way of helping you keep a healthy mouth. The two biggest causes of tooth loss are decay and gum disease. This does not have to happen, there are plenty of preventive measures we can offer you so that your teeth stay where they should: in your mouth.
With the combination of our dentist, Dr. Pinkatz and her Oral Hygiene staff, we can make sure you get all the necessary treatment to keep your mouth in great condition. Believe it or not, even those without teeth can benefit from preventive dentistry. People without teeth are still susceptible to oral cancer and denture stomatitis. These things can all be spotted and treated during a routine dental exam.
Upon finishing an examination, our dentist or Hygienist will recommend treatment designed to strengthen teeth so that they don’t break. If they do, this will result in an entirely different set of problems. We’ll also look out for cracked, weak or decaying teeth.
What’s Involved With Preventive Dental Care
- Our team will go through the following steps to make sure we cover all bases in caring for your teeth:
- We will comprehensively remove any and all plaque and tartar from your teeth. In the industry, this is often known as polishing.
- We will provide you with a fluoride treatment. Fluoride helps teeth resist tooth decay therefore reducing the chances of cavities or other issues in the future.
- Our staff will provide a wealth of education and advice as to how to maintain a healthy mouth. You’d be surprised at how much prevention you can do on your own by maintaining a better diet (avoiding sugary foods and beverages).
- Tell you which oral care products are the best for you to use
- Look over all of your fillings to make sure they are in good condition.
- Recommend proper brushing techniques and mouthwash
- Look out for Dental Erosion, which can be caused by acidic foods and beverages. We have treatment options available to help you fix this because erosion along the gum line will cause you pain.
Avoid Dental Problems & Save Money Today
Dental work can be expensive especially if you need a lot of it. The best way to prevent this is by brushing regularly, using the right mouthwash, keeping a healthy diet and not smoking. A simple trip twice a year to Kew Gardens Dental P.C can also save you money and time in the long run. Preventive dentistry is important because it gives us the opportunity to spot minor issues before they turn into major issues that will cause physical pain in your mouth and in your wallet.